Wednesday 20 May 2009

About this blog

This should have been my first post.

This is my very first attempt at social media, so this blog is still a bit primitive and trying to find its voice, but I am very excited.

This blog is a forum for ideas, stories, questions and calls for action on/about social issues, social justice, humanitarian and environmental issues and human rights.

I am a journalist writing about these issues for the Guardian, Times, Telegraph, New Internationalist, San Francisco Chronicle and many other publications, but it is a bit restrictive and limiting. There are so many voices that need to be heard, so many pressing stories that need to be told and so many interesting tidbits that never make it to the papers. I’d like to use this blog to share some of these, and create a dialogue, connections and collaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment